The Small Business Association (SBA) and U.S. Treasury Department recently released a major update regarding PPP loan forgiveness and is now offering automatic loan forgiveness for certain borrowers and is providing an easier, streamlined Forgiveness Application.
And, if you were considering applying for a PPP loan, it’s not too late, but you need to act soon. The current funding cycle expires on June 30. You can read more details about the updates and how you can still apply in NAR’s news release here.
Maybe you still have some extra time on your hands. So, why wait until next year when you can be earning and leaning now? Keep in mind these helpful reminders about your CE requirements:
· The current cycle ends on April 30, 2021
· 12 Credits are required: 6 Core (2 must be Ethics and 1 Fair Housing) and the remaining 6 can be Core or Elective
· Credits cannot be rolled over from cycle to cycle
· Anyone licensed up to June 30, 2020, is responsible for obtaining all 12 credits
New Fair Housing guidance regarding COVID-19 has been released and we all need to stay up-to-date with the revised rules and regulations. NAR has posted an update to help ensure FHA compliance with regard to the pandemic. It includes answers to important questions such as:
· Can I ask if someone has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or if they have had exposure to the virus before providing services to them?
· May I require a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before working with an individual?
· Am I obligated to assist or show or provide housing to someone who has or may have COVID-19?
You can read the entire updated document here.